If you, or someone in your care, needs immediate mental health support or are struggling with suicidal thoughts, please contact the TCU Employee Assistance Program or the National Suicide Hotline.
- City of Fort Worth COVID-19 Updates
- TCU’s COVID-19 Pages
- Texas Disaster Education Network
- National 211 Hotline
- CDC Travel Guidance
Emotional & Mental Well-Being
Many people are anxious about the uncertainty of what is happening with COVID-19. You and your dependents may need information or resources to help cope with stress and anxiety, stay emotionally well and prevent compassion fatigue. TCU’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP), managed by Magellan Ascend, provides confidential assistance and referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at no cost. Employees and dependents are eligible to receive up to five counseling sessions.
Learn how languishing is impacting our ability to perform at our best.
We will share the steps to help ourselves — and our teams — get back to thriving.
In this learning path, learn science-based skills to support your mental health during challenging times.
These courses cover topics such as building resilience, minding your mind while working from home,
avoiding burnout, managing difficult feelings, and managing your emotions.
- Self-Care Assessment
- Guided Meditations
- Coping with the Fear of Coronavirus
- Coping with Isolation During COVID-19
- Magellan Healthcare Telehealth Counseling
- Magellan Healthcare COVID-19 Webinar Recordings
Meditation music (source: HR Executive)
- Harvard Business Review: That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief
Coping with Grief
- Blue Zones Project
- Yoga Download Free Yoga
- Yoga Project Online Classes
- Food Safety Resources (Science Supported. English/Español)
- Get Outside (While Staying Inside)
- Well Beats
- Spring 2020 National Recreation Movement
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- FBI Public Announcement on Cyber Security during COVID-19 – Cyber Actors Taking Advantage of Pandemic to Exploit Increased Use of Virtual Environments
- SmartPath – Updates and resources for making sense of this crisis from a financial perspective.
- Financial Fitness
- Experience the Kimbell Art Museum from Home
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame (Activities)
- Fort Worth Museum of Science & History –Discovery Lab Online
- Dallas Museum of Art: Flores Mexicanas: Women in Modern Mexican Art
- NPR Life Kit
- Free Photography Classes (April only)
- Understood.org Weekly Round Up (Opt-in for regular newsletter)
- DFW PBS station airs educational shows for schools. Beginning March 30, shows air weekdays from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. on KERA TV, with specific blocks of time for pre-K through 12th grade levels. In addition to broadcasting on KERA TV, the schedule will stream live online at kera.org/learn, enabling students to watch on mobile devices.
- TED Talks — Stay curious.
- Time for a Fort Worth Field Trip Time for a field trip! With all the stress of home-schooling, working from home, planning strategic trips to the grocery store and all this while practicing social distancing and wearing masks when we do get out, we at What’s Up Fort Worth thought it was time for a virtual field trip through some of Fort Worth’s world class museums and galleries—The Kimbell Art Museum, The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, The Amon Carter Museum of American Art, and The William Campbell Contemporary Art Gallery…with bonus performing arts performances from The Fort Worth Symphony and The Fort Worth Opera.
Dealing with COVID-19: Tools for Helping Kids
- Understood.org: Coronavirus and Missing School
- A COVID-19 Book for Kids
- Free Spirit Publishing – Reducing Student Anxiety in the Midst of COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute – Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During COVID-19
Dealing with COVID-19: Tools for Caregivers
- COVID-19 Tips for Dementia Caregivers (Opt-in for regular newsletter)
- Parent Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease
- COVID-19 FactSheet for Grandfamilies and Multigenerational Families
- COVID-19 Resources for the Elderly and Families