The Page Up platform includes interactive tools for employees and managers to document and share professional development and learning goals. You’ll find a wide-range of learning activities, easily searchable by topic, date or formats (in-person or virtual classrooms, on-demand e-learning, LinkedIn Learning). You can even upload private learning activities such as a personal development plan or books you’d like to read.
Professional Development is Also at Your Fingertips!
LinkedIn Learning is Now Available. TCU employees can access LinkedIn Learning using SSO without a LinkedIn account.
Log in to my.tcu.edu > Employee Center > LinkedIn Learning to get started.
Topics for personal/professional development
- Learning to Teach Online
- Teaching with Technology
- Teaching Technical Skills Through Video
- Teaching Online: Synchronous Classes
- Office 365 for Educators
- Microsoft Teams for Education
- Google Hangouts Essential Training
- Teaching Techniques: Creating Multimedia Learning
- Camtasia 2019 Essential Training: The Basics
- Camtasia 2019 Essential Training: Advanced Techniques
- Camtasia 2019 for Mac Essential Training
- Camtasia Quick Tips
- Learning Canvas
- Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategy
- Foundations of Learning Management Systems
- Learning Desire2Learn 2016
- Learning Moodle 3.8
- Teaching Techniques: Creative Effective Learning Assessments
- Learning OneNote Online (Office 365)
- WordPress Essential Training
- WordPress for Education
- Blackboard Essential Training
- Blackboard 9 Essential Training for Students
TCU Library Resources (Requires your TCU username and password)
- What to Do When the Library is Closed
- Online Training Resources for Faculty/Staff
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center — Detailed “how-to” instructions and creative ideas from books and magazines to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast.
- Home Improvement Reference Center — Full-text content from leading home-improvement magazines, including images not found anywhere else online and videos of popular home-repair projects.
- Ancestry — Genealogy database providing access to U.S. and U.K. census data, ship’s logs and passenger indexes, vital records, WWI draft cards, maps, reference books and more. Basic library subscription. Documents in the library can be saved or emailed. Users will need a personal subscription to create a tree online.
- MyHeritage Library Edition — Contains millions of historical records from around the world. Records include historical photographs; citizenship and naturalization records; the USA federal census (1790-1940) and the UK census (1841-1901; tombstone photos; military records, immigration records, and passenger lists; directories, guides, references, biographies, and yearbooks; wills and probate records.
- ARTstor — More than one million images from outstanding museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives and artists and artists’ estates from all over the world. Subject areas include art, architecture, music, religion, anthropology, literature, world history, American Studies, Asian Studies, Classical Studies, Medieval Studies, Renaissance Studies and more.
- CountryWatch — Provides geopolitical intelligence on countries’ demographics, economic overviews, investment overviews, social overviews, environmental overviews, and political overviews. Daily news coverage, maps and macroeconomic forecasts available.
- Global Road Warrior — Provides cultural, communications, travel and business information for more than 170 countries and territories.
- Learning Express Library — Interactive platform that contains practice tests for standardized and placement tests at every grade level. Also contains tutorials to help improve basic math, reading, writing and computer skills for every age. Assessment tests and career placement help are also available. SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT and MCAT are just some of the test preps available.
- Mango Languages — An online language learning system. Native English speakers can learn foreign languages, including French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Pashto and Urdu. Mango also has 15 ESL language courses for non-native English speakers, including Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, Cantonese and Mandarin. It also includes movies.
- What’s Cooking? — No care package is complete without treats to eat! Sure, you’ll need to create them yourself, but that’s just half the fun. Browse our online cookbook selection.
- Fun Fitness Options — Mash your inner couch potato with fantastic fitness videos to help you shake the stay-at-home blues. Find several options to inspire you to move.
- Getting Crafty! — For children and adults, channel your inner creator and build something fun out of common household items. Our Fort Worth Public Library expert crafters will guide you through the processes.
- Homework HELP! — Math not quite adding up? Astronomy sending you into orbit? No matter the subject, students and teachers can access our curated database full of encyclopedic knowledge. Start here to find assistance.
- Free Spanish Classes — ¿Quieres hablar español? Learn how to speak Spanish conversationally and make friends with our live lessons available virtually via Zoom, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. To join, click here to send an email to learn more and receive an invitation to the group.
WorkLife & Other Podcasts
- WorkLife with Adam Grant, A New York Times Bestselling Author
- NPR – National Public Radio
- Association for Talent Development (*certain topics locked for ATD members only)
- Ted Talks
The Arbinger Institute
CoreStrengths/Strengths Deployment Inventory (SDI)
TCU Press Book Club
- TCU Press is launching a virtual book club! Join the Facebook group, TCU Press Book Club, for up-to-date book selections and weekly discussions—as well as live videos with authors—all from the comfort of your home. The TCU Press Book Club is a group for book lovers from all over! Regardless of your time zone, gather with others to discuss selected TCU Press books and interact directly with brilliant authors. Selected books may include historical fiction, literary fiction, and creative nonfiction.
To search other e-book titles, visit library.tcu.edu, click on “Databases,” then click on the “Browse by Type” dropbox and choose “E-books.” Scroll down to Safari Books Online.
Museums & More
- Experience the Kimbell Art Museum from Home
- Fort Worth Museum of Science & History –Discovery Lab Online
- Dallas Museum of Art: Flores Mexicanas: Women in Modern Mexican Art
- NPR Life Kit
- Understood.org Weekly Round Up
- DFW PBS station airs educational shows for schools. Beginning March 30, shows air weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on KERA TV, with specific blocks of time for pre-K through 12th-grade levels. In addition to broadcasting on KERA TV, the schedule will stream live online at kera.org/learn, enabling students to watch on mobile devices.
- TED Talks — Stay curious.
Free Online Resources (Requires Account Setup)
- edX — The trusted platform for education and learning. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location and access.
- Coursera — Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies. Collaborate with 190+ leading universities and companies.
- GCF Global (Available in Spanish) — For almost 20 years, the GCFLearnFree.org program has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email, to reading, math and more, GCFLearnFree.org offers more than 200 topics, including more than 7,000 lessons, 1,000 videos and 50 interactive and games — completely free.
- Fort Worth Public Library — FW resident access with active library card
- Benbrook Public Library
- Burleson Public Library – Burleson resident access with active library card
- Crowley Public Library
- Forest Hill Public Library
- Saginaw Public Library
- River Oaks Public Library
- Parker County Library Association — Portal for all Parker County Libraries