You are eligible for coverage under the BCBS Texas Health Plan, CIGNA Dental Plan, and/or UnitedHealthcare Vision Plan if you are working at least 75% of full time (or at least 30 hours a week) in a regular position. You and/or your dependents are automatically enrolled in the prescription drug program through Express Scripts with the election of a medical plan. Which dependents are eligible? Eligible dependents include:
- your legal spouse
- dependent children younger than age 26
- unmarried, dependent children of any age who become mentally or physically disabled
- domestic partners
- Eligibility of the faculty/staff member for this benefit begins upon completion of six months of employment at the University. Thereafter, the faculty/staff member may participate in the next regularly scheduled semester or summer term.
- Dependents of eligible faculty/staff become eligible for a waiver of 50% of TCU tuition after one year of service and 100% of TCU tuition after three years of service. Thereafter, the dependent may participate at the appropriate benefit level in the next regularly scheduled semester or summer term.
- Emeritus faculty and their eligible family members may participate in the tuition assistance program.
- All faculty and staff (full and part time) are eligible to contribute to the employee Retirement Choice Plus (RCP) contract with TIAA; or with PFCC immediately.
- You are encouraged to contribute as much as the IRS limits allow upon employment with TCU. A 457(b) is also available for all eligible employees who wish to save more for retirement.
- Thinking about retiring? In order to continue participation in specified health benefit
programs, an employee must meet the following requirements:
- Be actively at work on the day prior to retirement
- Be at least 55 years of age
- Have at least 10 years of continuous service
- Meet the Rule of 75 (age and service equal at least 75)
- For faculty and staff currently employed in benefits-eligible positions with hire dates prior to January 1, 2005 and no breaks in service, the years of service requirement is five (5) years
- Participate in the plan during the three (3) month period immediately prior to retirement