Income Protection Benefits
TCU provides Basic Employee Life insurance at no cost to you.
- Employees who work at least 75% of full time are eligible
- The policy provides a benefit of $25,000 Basic Term Life Insurance or 1 times annual salary, whichever is greater
- Premiums for Basic Life Insurance are paid 100% by the university
- Benefits reduce by 50% at age 70, but not less than $25,000.00
TCU provides basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance at no cost to you. AD&D insurance pays a benefit to your beneficiary if you die in an accident. However, it also pays benefits if you have certain disabling injuries.
Be advised that if your life insurance coverage is more than $50,000, the value of the insurance in excess of $50,000 will automatically be imputed as income to you. Please consult with your tax advisor should you have any questions.
- 1x your annual base pay (Minimum coverage of $25,000)
In addition to Basic Life Insurance, you may choose to buy Voluntary Term Life Insurance for yourself and your dependents. Employees electing any Voluntary Life Insurance, other than during their new hire period, will be required to complete the Evidence of Insurability (EOI)*, regardless of the amount.
Employee guaranteed issue amount is $330,000
Spouse Guarantee Issue amount is $50,000
* Please note: Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required to enroll in Voluntary Life Insurance, other than during your new hire period. EOI is the documentation of good health when enrolling or increasing your amount of Voluntary Life Insurance. EOI link is available from HR.
Short Term Disability (STD)
STD Insurance is designed to replace a portion of your salary for a period of time should you be unable to work due to an injury or illness. This coverage is paid for by TCU, meaning it is completely free to you.