To streamline and to be more efficient, payroll has a new process for off cycle checks.
Payroll will only process off cycle checks for missed payments, if deemed necessary, on Tuesdays after the biweekly payroll and on the 5th of the month for monthly payrolls. All off cycle payments are “live checks”, no direct deposits for off cycle payments. Requests for an alternate distribution method must be made through the Payroll Manager and not every request for an off cycle check will be granted.
The Payroll Office will not process an off-cycle payment if the request meets any of the following criteria:
- If the employee did not enter and submit their time on time (deadline is Friday non-pay week)
- The employee did not complete their hiring paperwork
- The employee has received more than 75% of their wages
- The hours owed to the employee are less than 8 hours
- Missed shift differential, overtime, or lead pay
- Retroactive pay
- Pay for additional pay, e.g. any supplemental compensation, if the employee has already been paid their regular wages
Please make every effort to make the payroll deadlines, so no off cycle check will be necessary.
NOTE: All off cycle checks will be mailed to the address on file in HR system.