The Staff Performance & Success Program is a year-round process that concludes with the Manager Rating and Meeting step in the PageUp Performance module.
What is the purpose of the annual evaluation?
TCU’s performance management program is based on the calendar year (January 1-December 31) with the goal of ongoing dialogue between the manager and the individual contributor providing each other feedback throughout the year. The annual evaluation is a time to celebrate big achievements and consider solutions for improvement with a key focus on employee development.
During the annual evaluation period, managers should independently evaluate each staff member who reports to them, assessing the performance of essential duties and accomplishment toward established goals using the University’s six (6) Core Competencies as a rating framework. The manager should review completed self-evaluations and compare their alignment to set goals to determine if communication needs to change next year.
During the manager evaluation step, individual contributors can use this time to outline what they’d like to discuss during the evaluation meeting with their manager.
Benefits of the annual evaluation:
- Allows for the opportunity to highlight success and accomplishments;
- Creates an opportunity to collaborate on professional growth conversations;
- Provides a prompt to assess if the employee and the manager are aligned; and,
- Provides an opportunity to capture a university-wide measurement.
To access the manager evaluation, visit: my.tcu.edu > My Employee Center > PageUp Staff Performance.
The November 2021 teams@work. Issue, ”Performance is a Partnership,” is a great resource to learn more best practices. Additionally, multiple training sessions will be available to assist in preparing for the annual evaluation process. The following sessions are available:
- Coaching Conversations: Self-Evaluation & Manager Evaluation Preparation
- PageUp System Navigation Module: Virtual Sessions
- PageUp System Navigation Module: On-Demand
- Making Difficult Conversations Easy(er)
To find more professional development events and to register for training, visit PageUp Learning Library.
The full evaluation process will conclude Monday, January 31, 2022. For more information, visit the Performance Management page to prepare for the manager evaluation step.
For questions about the Staff Performance & Success Program, email: