Managers are TCU's most critical asset—impacting productivity, project completion,
team engagement, and employee retention.
Managers are TCU's most critical asset—impacting productivity, project completion, team engagement, and employee retention.
Nationally, 85% of managers receive no training prior to stepping into their new role. This despite managers being the critical lynchpin in operationalizing organizational strategy. It is no wonder that managers struggle, with 60% of new managers failing. Managers are TCU's most critical asset - impacting productivity, project completion, team engagement, and employee retention. The Manager Foundations program is designed to address this void, developing practical manager skills whether the manager has been in their role for weeks or decades. Training includes topics such as: Setting a Foundation, Social Awareness & Relationship Building, Communication & Feedback, and Manager & Team Growth.
Who should participate in this training? For the most part, participants should hold a supervisory/management position at TCU. Exceptions can be made for aspiring managers, contact HRTraining@tcu.edu for more information. Participant involvement should be supported by their supervisor and department.
This course blends online on-demand video microlearning with cohort-based learning. The online microlearning consists of five 5-12 minute videos weekly throughout the course. These sessions are accompanied by practical application worksheets. Cohort meetings will take place on Zoom.
This 6-week training is $250 (valued at $499) paid by department budget transfer. Limited financial support from HR Training may be available. To inquire about eligibility, please email email@example.com.
- Active full-time employees presently or aspiring to serve in a manager/supervisor role
- Support from supervisor
- Departmental budget codes for course fee of $250.
Participants agree to the following:
- Completion of online video micro-learning sessions and worksheets
- 6 cohort meetings via Zoom
- Complete "Manager Move" application project & reflection (details provided upon selection)
- Engage with "Praxis Partners" small group three times outside of scheduled sessions
- Participate in end-of-program reflection and feedback session
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.