- Faculty do not accrue vacation time
- Those who have less than six years of employment can use up to three months sick leave with pay and three months extended medical leave without pay.
- Those who have six years or more of employment can have up to six months sick leave with pay plus six months extended medical leave without pay.
- Vacations will be approved by the supervisor with consideration given to the needs of the department.
- Leave accruals and maximums are pro-rated according to FTE (full time equivalency)
- Extended medical leave is available for employees after 5 years continuous employment for up to 60 working days with pay.
- Hours are earned at the beginning of each month as follows:
|Employee Class||Length of Service||Monthly Vacation Accrual||Monthly Sick Accrual||Maximum Sick Accrual||Maximum Vacation Accrual|
|Exempt Staff||Not applicable||14.67||8.00||480.00||264.00|
|Nonexempt Staff||Not applicable||14.67||8.00||480.00||264.00|
Payroll and the Accrual Process:
As stated above, vacation and sick time is accrued at the beginning of each month. Time taken is entered and processed with the monthly and biweekly payroll, with the following caveats for biweekly employees:
- When the 1st of the month is the same day as the beginning of the biweekly payperiod, leave time will accrue first, and then time taken will be processed with the biweekly payroll
- When the 1st of the month occurs during the biweekly payperiod, leave time will accrue first, and then time taken will be processed with the biweekly payroll
- When the 1st of the month is the same day as the payperiod end date, time taken will be processed first with the biweekly payroll, and then time will accrue