As a member of the Texas Christian University community, you play a key role in helping the University live up to its commitment to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct free from discrimination and harassment in support of our mission. As part of our legal responsibilities as a higher education institution, we must also understand and effectively apply the rules surrounding our students’ personally identifiable information. Beyond our legal requirements, we must educate and enforce federal and state regulations to maintain high standards to guide us in our daily University activities and behave in a manner that both respects the freedom of others and refrains from interfering with normal University business.
To uphold these standards campus-wide, the University provides annual online, self-paced compliance training programs. As an employee of TCU, you are required to complete online compliance courses related to workplace conduct, Title IX, and FERPA. University employees are expected to complete their assigned courses within 30 days after the course is assigned. Incomplete or non-complete courses may impact employees’ annual performance rating and/or merit increase.
You will receive an email communication from Everfi/LawRoom. The email invitation will be from Texas Christian University via LawRoom and will contain instructions on how to access the courses. Modules for the 2018-2019 Compliance Cycle include:
- Code of Conduct: Workplace Conduct
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Basics
- Bridges: Taking Action (Title IX and SaVE refresher courses) for current faculty, staff, and temporary employees.
- Bridges: Building a Supportive Community (Title IX and SaVE) for new employees and student employees. Please note: Employees required to complete the Bridges: Building a Supportive Community in the 2017-18 academic year, but did not do so, will have this course reassigned in 2018-19.
Should you have further inquiries, contact Human Resources at 817.257.7790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to remember for the 2018-2019 Compliance Cycle:
- Faculty, Staff, Temporary Employee, and Student Employees will receive bi-weekly reminders until the mandatory training programs are completed.
- The 2018-2019 Compliance Cycle begins July 18, 2018, and ends at 5:00 pm CDT on April 30, 2019. Employees hired after April 30, 2019, will receive their compliance training after June 1, 2019.
- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari are the preferred internet browsers for the mandatory trainings.
- The online compliance courses currently are not supported on smart phones. We recommend that you use a tablet, laptop or a desktop computer to complete your training.
- After the 2018-2019 launch of compliance training on July 18, 2018, you may access your assigned courses through the TCU portal at any time. (my.tcu.edu /My Employee Center/Compliance/Single Sign On with TCU username and password).
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.