TCU is committed to creating and maintaining a safe academic and professional environment in which we work, teach, and study. To remain in the forefront of best practices and to comply with federal mandates, TCU is renewing its institutional commitment to support training each July – the start of compliance training period.
For the 2016-17 academic year, a new learning module was introduced – Conflict of Interest – along with the redeployment on unlawful harassment, as well as amended training on discrimination and sexual violence to reflect regulatory changes within Title IX and the SaVE Act. These three courses – in addition to a supplement for managers and a module for student employees – represent an important component of our work to sustain the focus not only on compliance, but also on a safe and informed campus community.
Modules delivered by WorkPlace Answers for the 2016-2017 academic year include:
- Conflict of Interest
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention for Higher Education Faculty and Staff
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention Supervisor Supplement for Higher Education Faculty and Staff
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention for Higher Education Student Employees
- Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff.
TCU administration continues to fully support an ongoing campaign where all faculty/staff are expected to adhere to employment law and university policies that comply with federal mandates. As such, all faculty/staff/student employees receive an email communication from Workplace Answers e-Learning, the vendor facilitating TCU’s compliance initiatives.
Should you have further inquiries, contact Human Resources at 817.257.7790 or email@example.com.
Notes to remember:
- As new employees join our community, they are provided their course assignments that need to be completed within the first 30-days of employment.
- Student employees must complete Unlawful Harassment Prevention for Student Employees, which is valid for two years.
- Timely reminders will be e-mailed to faculty, staff, and students until the training programs are completed.
- All Spanish-language Preferred employees who self-identify are delivered all compliance course registrations in Spanish. To request the online training in Spanish, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance Launch Year/Training Period:
- Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff (2014 & 2016/Biennial)**
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention for Higher Education Faculty, Staff and Student Employees (2014 & 2016/Biennial)
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention Supervisor Supplement for Higher Education Faculty and Staff (2014 & 2016/Biennial)
- Code of Conduct for Higher Education (2015/Biennial)
- EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention for Higher Education (2015/Biennial)
- EEO Laws and Discrimination Prevention for Higher Education – Supervisor Supplement (2015/Biennial)
- Conflict of Interest (2016/Biennial)
**On September 28, 2015, Chancellor Boschini announced the University’s Title IX Continuing Education Campaign. Click one of the links below to access the English or Spanish announcement.
English version: http://hr.tcu.edu/title-ix-continued-education-campaign/
Spanish version: http://hr.tcu.edu/titulo-ix-campana-de-educacion-continuo/
This ongoing campaign announcement will cycle biennially and scheduled for update September 2017.