The Great Colleges to Work For program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition programs in the country. Now in its 13th year, it recognizes the colleges that receive top ratings from their employees regarding workplace practices and policies.
“It is an honor to be named a Great College to Work For, especially for 10 years straight. This speaks to our outstanding employees and their dedication to making the TCU community a special place for us all,” Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr. said. “This has been a challenging year to be sure, but our hard-working faculty and staff have pulled together, and I am deeply appreciative of their efforts on behalf of our students.”
TCU was recognized in six categories this year:
- Facilities, Workspace & Security: Facilities adequately meet needs, the appearance of the campus is pleasing, and the institution takes steps to provide a secure environment.
- Job Satisfaction and Support: Provides insight into the satisfaction with job fit, autonomy and resources.
- Professional/Career Development Programs: Employees are given the opportunity to develop skills and understand requirements to advance in their careers.
- Compensation & Benefits: Pay is fair, and benefits meet the needs of employees.
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship: Supervisor makes expectations clear and solicits ideas.
- Teaching Environment: Faculty members say the institution recognizes innovative and high-quality teaching.
The Great Colleges to Work For® program included a two-part assessment process: a survey (ModernThink Higher Education Insight Survey©) administered to faculty, administrators, exempt professional and non-exempt staff, as well as adjuncts at two-year colleges, and an institution questionnaire that captured employment data and workplace policies and practices from each institution. The primary factor in deciding whether an institution received “Great College to Work For” recognition was the employee feedback.
“This year’s list of recognized institutions in the Great Colleges to Work For® program was united in their commitment to organization culture, even in the face of a worldwide pandemic,” Richard K. Boyer, Senior Consultant at ModernThink, said. “They stand apart in their recognition that workplace culture can actually be a roadmap for navigating uncertainty.”
For more information and to view all current and previous recognized institutions, visit the Great Colleges program website at http://www.greatcollegesprogram.com. ModernThink, a strategic human capital consulting firm, administered the survey and analyzed the results.