From TCU Human Resources
We are gearing up for the FY2021 Salary Planning process. Salary Planning is the annual process during which supervisors, managers, deans, directors, and department heads determine performance-based merit increases for their regular staff and faculty based on work performed in the previous academic year for faculty and fiscal year for staff. Increases for staff are effective June 1 and increases for faculty are effective September 1. Completion of this process includes departmental budgets for account codes 6100, 6101, 6105, and 6110.
The Cabinet has approved a 3% merit pool for FY21 – please note, however, this merit pool is subject to approval by the Board of Trustees in their April board meeting. The funds available through the Salary Planning process are designed for allocation based on merit. Other salary increases such as pay adjustments or promotions should be granted outside of the salary planning process.
- February 3 – Salary Planning process opens. Be sure to review other important dates below.
- Run your Position Roster report to ensure your department is ready for Salary Planning (to run this report, log onto my.tcu.edu, select the Department/Budget Manager icon, click the HR Budget Manager Reports icon, select Position Rosters from the list on the left hand side of the screen).
- Open the attached Salary Planning manual for more information (or download it at https://hr.tcu.edu/employee-services/manager-toolbox/salary-administration/
- Got a question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Planning closes February 18 for staff and March 20 for faculty.
- February 3, 2020: Salary Planning opens for all eligible employees
- February 14, 2020: Deadline for departments to complete the Salary Planning process for Exempt and Non-Exempt staff
- February 18, 2020: Chancellor and Vice chancellor budget verification on staff positions; Staff Salary Planning closed for processing
- March 17, 2020: Deadline for Deans to complete the Salary Planning process for faculty
- March 20, 2020: Faculty Salary Planning closed for processing
- April 15, 2020: Salary notification to Faculty and Staff
For technical assistance please contact Carlene Coover, HRIS Consultant, email@example.com, or 817-257-4222. For all other questions, please contact Lara Ellison, Senior Compensation Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-257-5255